The development of any business, whether small or big, takes time to show results. It takes an extreme degree of practice, patience and persistence to keep winning throughout the process. It takes a strong work ethic to build yourself brick by brick. Similar is the case with the richest people of India. Let’s learn from their stories how they reached the top level to become undefeatable today.
India holds the third position when it comes to having the most significant billionaires in the world. The average age of the top 10 richest Indians is 65. American business magazine Forbes publishes a list of the top 10 wealthiest billionaires in the world every year. A wealth-tracking platform records the ranks of these people according to their net worth, which is calculated by determining assets a corporation owns, minus their liabilities.
A study about India’s top 5 billionaires is as follows:-
- Mukesh Ambani: Having a net worth of $84.5 billion, Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries holds the first position in the list of top wealthiest people. Much of his wealth comes from the business of the petrochemicals built by his father. Reliance Jio has also added wealth to make him gain the top ranking. His work ethic can teach one to have entrepreneur skills and to solve problems with full passion.
- Gautam Adani: Retaining a net worth of $50.5 billion, Gautam Adani occupies the second position in the list. He is the founder as well as the chairman of the Adani group. Before corona times, he stood at ninth position in the list of top ten richest people in India, but now his net worth has increased at a surprising rate. He always dreamt of becoming a leading businessman, and today we can see the results.
- Shiv Nadar: Owning a net worth of $23.5 billion and founder of HCL technologies, Shiv Nadar stands at the third position on the list. His primary source of wealth includes software services. In 2008, the government of India awarded Shiv Nadar with a Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award, for his hard work and efforts in the IT industry.
Image source: https://shivnadarschool.edu.in/shiv-nadar-foundation
- Radhakishan Damani: He holds the fourth position having a net worth is $16.5 billion. He is the founder of DMart (DMart is an Indian retail corporation and operates a chain of hypermarkets in India), and his prime source of wealth includes retail and investments. Today Damani has 214 DMart stores across India, and he’s still keeping a low profile. So now, all the businessmen have a lot to learn from him.
Image source: https://flipitnews.com/flips/check-out-the-top-5-holdings-of-radhakishan-damani-flipitfacts-1
- Uday Kotak: Standing at the fifth position, we have Uday Kotak, who has a net worth of $15.9 billion. He founded and operates Kotak Mahindra bank, which provides outstanding customer service. India Today magazine ranked him eighth in India’s 50 most powerful people of 2017 list.
Image source: https://sugermint.com/uday-kotak-success-story-man-behind-kotak-mahindra-bank/
All the billionaires mentioned above have one thing in common, i.e., their great values, which include having a positive mindset and willingness to put an enormous amount of effort into making their dreams come true.
Let’s now compare these people to see how successful they are at a global level:-
The above chart clearly shows the rankings of the top 5 richest Indians, and we can also check for their respective companies.
For sure, we all can learn this significant lesson from them that we must start now, start small but start, make increments every day, all the efforts will add up one day, and we’ll look back and be proud of ourselves that we believed in our ideas more than anyone. If nothing, at least we’ll have tried pursuing our passion and not giving up on what we love doing.